Advocates call on The Home Depot to also ban toxic paint strippers containing deadly and dangerous chemicals
Mind the Store
Today a group of leading public health organizations, including the Learning Disabilities Association of America and Autism Society, publicly called on Lowe’s to protect kids from toxic paint strippers.
CHARLESTON, SC – At 31 years old, entrepreneur Drew Wynne’s life was cut short when he inhaled a toxic paint stripper containing methylene chloride, which he bought at Lowe’s to refinish a floor. Now his family is telling the hardware chain and other similar home improvement retailers to stop selling the deadly product to prevent another tragic death.