We recently marked two years since the enactment of the Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act. The law, more commonly known as TSCA reform, was the much heralded and long-awaited bipartisan update of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), a 1976 law that never really got off the ground as a public health […]
We lost a dear friend, colleague, and extraordinary public health champion this past weekend. Andy Igrejas was all of the above and more, and we’ll miss him greatly. Over these last dozen years, he founded Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families and led us in an ambitious marathon of a national campaign that resulted in the first major update to our broken chemical safety law, the federal Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), in forty years.
We have spent the past few days with three courageous moms, who have taken the unimaginable grief of losing their sons and turned it into tenacious advocacy. They’re working to get the deadly chemical their sons were all exposed to off store shelves and out of workplaces.
Representative Pallone and Representative Lowey stand up for victims of deadly paint strippers.
Cows won’t like this, and neither will you: New report finds farm equipment may be source of toxic chemicals in food
Investigators have begun to answer a growing consumer concern: How are toxic chemicals called phthalates (THAL-eights) getting into cheese and other dairy products? A new report released today by the Coalition for Safer Food Processing & Packaging may provide answers that won’t make cows, farmers, or consumers happy.
The case for Lowe’s and other retailers to stop selling dangerous paint strippers has never been stronger.
An excerpt from Carey Gillam’s recent book Whitewash: The Story of a Weed Killer, Cancer, and the Corruption of Science
Learning and developmental disabilities groups urge Lowe’s to protect babies from toxic paint strippers
Today a group of leading public health organizations, including the Learning Disabilities Association of America and Autism Society, publicly called on Lowe’s to protect kids from toxic paint strippers.
An excerpt from Leah Segedie’s new book Green Enough.
Methylene chloride has killed more than 50 people across the country but so far E.P.A. and home improvement retailers have failed to act.