With the Safe Chemicals Act just introduced in Congress, we thought it would be a good time to host a Twitter party on the topic of toxic chemicals! What’s a Twitter party, you ask? It’s basically a fast-paced, lively chat forum for educating and sharing ideas – all in 140 characters or less! At our Twitter party we will bring expert panelists together to answer your questions about toxic chemicals, show you how to protect your family and let you know why passage of the Safe Chemicals Act of 2011 is so critically important.
Here are the details – hope you can join us!
Date: Thursday, May 12th, 2011
Time: 9-10 PM Eastern/6-7 PM Pacific
Topic: Protecting Our Families from Toxic Chemicals
Key Questions Covered:
- Why should we be concerned about chemicals in products we use every day?
- What are the worst chemicals to avoid in products?
- What can we do to avoid exposure to toxic chemicals?
- How will the Safe Chemicals Act protect us?
- Lindsay Dahl – Deputy Director, Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families – @Lindsay_SCHF
- Margie Kelly – Communications Director, Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families – @SaferChemicals
- Micaela Preston – Writer, Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families – @MindfulMomma
- Janelle Sorensen – Healthy Child – @Healthy_Child
- Dr. Alan Greene – Pediatrician and Author – @DrGreene
- Sarah Janssen – Senior Scientist, NRDC – @SarahJNRDC
- Claire Moshenberg – Moms Rising – @MomsRising
- Jennifer Taggart – The Smart Mama – @thesmartmama
- Katy Farber – Non-Toxic Kids – @Non_Toxic_Kids
- Alexandra Zissu – Author and green living expert – @alexandrazissu
- Sommer Poquette – Green & Clean Mom – @greenmom
- Kathy Scoleri – SafeMama – @safemama
- Deanna Duke – Crunchy Chicken – @crunchychicken
- Lori Alper – Groovy Green Livin – @groovygreenlivi
- Donielle Baker – Natural Living Moms – @donielle
- Jeanne Blaisdell – The Green Samaritan – @greensamaritan
- Tracy Himes – Verde Mom – @verdemom
How to join the party:
- Follow @SaferChemicals and our expert panelists on Twitter.
- Use the hashtag #saferchemicals on all of your tweets.
- Consider using Tweet Grid to make it easier to follow the conversation. Just click through to our unique Tweet Grid link, sign in using the LOGIN link and enter your own twitter handle at the top of the far right column. Then enter your message in the Tweet box and hit enter or click Tweet! The #saferchemicals hashtag will be automatically entered to each of your messages.
- RSVP with your Twitter handle in the comments below to let us know you will be participating. We’re giving away some wonderful prizes donated by our coalition partners including a year of free product from Organic Valley as well as great prizes from Seventh Generation, Ely Organics and more! (You must have a U.S. shipping address to win.)
Not on Twitter? No problem. We’re having a Facebook chat on the same day! Just visit our Facebook page anytime after 3 PM Eastern/12 PM Pacific time on Thursday, May 12th and get in on the conversation. And don’t forget – you can also help support the cause by asking your Senator to co-sponsor the Safe Chemicals Act.
Together we can make toxic chemical reform a reality!